NABS is committed to protecting your privacy and uses your personal information only to process orders and provide you with the highest level of services. Please read on for more details about NABS’ policy regarding your privacy.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
- When you order a product or sign up for a membership, we need to know your name, email address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your orders, and to notify you of your order status.
- We also monitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve our site and identify problems.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to our website, new NABS services, and announcements we think you may find valuable.
How does NABS protect member information?
- When you place an order or use our online membership form, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is to us. Furthermore, all of the member data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.
What about cookies?
- “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to learn more about our members, provide better online features, and to store things on your shopping cart between visits. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features on our site. However, we do not recommend this if you plan to purchase products or access restricted areas.
Will NABS disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
- NABS does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others, except to companies providing NABS membership benefits. As a NABS member, you are eligible to apply for, or receive, a number of benefits that are provided by companies other than NABS. To protect your privacy, NABS has very specific agreements with these companies that legally prevent the use of your personal information for any purpose other than the NABS member benefit.
Other than NABS, what companies provide membership benefits?
- None have been identified at this time
- NABS is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to enhance your overall experience while visiting NABS online.
NABS Logo Policy
If you are interested in using the NABS name and logo on your website, or in any printed materials, NABS thanks you and asks that you follow the guidelines below entitled “Policy for any use of the NABS name and logo.”
Policy for Any Use of the NABS Marks
The marks National Association of Black Scuba Divers, NABS, NABS Y.E.S. ,and DWP design logo (the “NABS Marks”) are the registered marks of National Association of Black Scuba Divers, 1605 Crittenden Street N.E., Washington, D.C. 20017 (“NABS”) and solely owned by NABS.
Use of the NABS Marks is granted to approved licensees (NABS Chapters & Affiliates) and then only under the terms and provisions of this Policy for Any Use of the NABS Marks. A party that is authorized to use the NABS Marks agrees not to claim any right, title or interest in or to the NABS Marks or to adopt any confusingly similar name, designation or mark in the United States or any other country. All uses of the NABS Marks shall inure to the benefit of NABS, not the licensee of the NABS Marks.
Please read the following guidelines if you are authorized to use the NABS Marks in any of its various forms. NABS reserves the right to change these guidelines at their discretion. NABS also reserves the right to immediately terminate permission to use the NABS Marks for anyone not following these guidelines.
The use of the NABS Marks must be authorized by NABS and is meant to note a specific relationship with NABS for an individual or business that works with NABS for the benefit of recreational scuba diving health, education and safety.
NABS must approve all intended use(s) of the NABS Marks including use(s) on business cards, advertisements or letterhead or in any similar manner prior to printing or usage.
If the NABS Marks are used on the Internet, they must always be used as an active link to NABS’s official website: www.nabsdivers.org. NABS may visit participating websites to check on compliance to these guidelines. NABS may terminate Internet use of the NABS Marks at any time even though such use complies with this Policy.
Use of the NABS Marks may be granted by NABS to any one of the categories specified below as well as other NABS business partners.
– NABS Chapters
– NABS Affiliates
– NABS Foundation
Only the NABS Marks, as seen on the NABS website and printed documents, have been approved by National Association of Black Scuba Divers, Inc. for use. The individual or organization agrees to use the NABS Marks only as such marks are used by NABS. The NABS Marks may be displayed in different sizes, but all elements of the NABS Marks must be recognizable and changed in size proportionally. The NABS Marks may be reproduced in black and white or, if in color, only in PMS 485 (and equivalent in four-color process) and black.
The NABS Marks may not be printed, embossed or displayed on products, literature, packaging or websites that would suggest endorsement or promotion by NABS unless otherwise approved by NABS. Merchandise not supported or provided through NABS and used for sale, may not contain the NABS Marks.
When used in advertising, whether printed or electronic media, the NABS Marks must not be the dominant element in the advertisement. An initial proof for printed use should be provided to NABS for review prior to printing. It may not adjoin, overlap or in any way be incorporated into the dominant element of the advertisement. No use of a NABS Mark may suggest or imply that any individual is a NABS employee or agent.
By using the NABS Marks, the user agrees to these terms and conditions. Use of the NABS Mark in violation of these terms shall be considered unauthorized use and subject to appropriate legal and equitable relief.